HUNTLEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
noseall said:
i guess by murdering two innocent young children, he forfeited most of his civil rights.
He forfeited some of them, but not all.

The issue of whether someone in the care of the state should be allowed to kill himself is far from simple. Clearly he isn't right in the head - nobody who did what he did can be.

So having taken charge of his life, he is owed a duty of care. That doesn't mean that he should necessarily not be allowed to make that decision but it does make it difficult.

If those of you without the red mist could consider this - if he was self-harming, should the prison do nothing about it?

Sponsored Links
paulbrown said:
This wouldn't have happened had he received a just sentence in the first place.

I reckon Sadam would make a good Home Secretary. ;)
You reckon all kinds of mad things.

Slogger said:
why oh why why why do they keep saving this scum ??? surely one of the guards could turn his back long enough so HUNTLEY dies alone

makes me sick the way we look after this sort of charactor :evil:
Is that an accurate representation of your beliefs, or are you writing deliberate falsehoods?

ban-all-sheds said:
noseall said:
i guess by murdering two innocent young children, he forfeited most of his civil rights.
He forfeited some of them, but not all.

The issue of whether someone in the care of the state should be allowed to kill himself is far from simple. Clearly he isn't right in the head - nobody who did what he did can be.

So having taken charge of his life, he is owed a duty of care. That doesn't mean that he should necessarily not be allowed to make that decision but it does make it difficult.

If those of you without the red mist could consider this - if he was self-harming, should the prison do nothing about it?

The issue about huntley killing himself is simple ,The prison service are not allow to assist suicide.
Right in the head ,do you mean insane

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:

We can only imagine what what going through his mind at the time I guess. No-one really knows.

ban-all-sheds said:

I agree that no-one should be permitted to harm him in the way of beatings etc. and people self harm for various reasons, possibly to seek some kind of attention. By that, I don't mean in a selfish way, but that they see it as the only way to ask for help.

But what if he genuinely wants to die. Are we (they that wield the power) being civilised by not letting him do so?

what i'm saying is huntley is now living his own nightmare.

boo hoo.

but he should be kept alive so he lives that 'mare every second of the day.

then, on his death bed in prison, when he's dying of cancer, let him top himself, so that he can rot in hell.

noseall said:
but he should be kept alive so he lives that 'mare every second of the day.

Just like the families of the two little girls have to.

Igorian said:
But what if he genuinely wants to die. Are we (they that wield the power) being civilised by not letting him do so?
A valid question, and not an easy one to answer. How much can it be said that the desire to kill yourself is rational?

And if irrational, what thresholds of irrationality, or "illness" should be the ones that deny him his choice?

Interesting that the hard-of-thinking brigade can't decide whether he should have been strung up or allowed to "suffer".....

he killed two children in cold blood he has lost ALL his right to be called human

at the very least the parents should have a say in what to do with him

we are on our own in this land the law is an ass best way to deal with sick ( insane) murderers is death clean and simple

with forensic science there wont be many mistakes

The following is an opinion, stated without the use of profanities, and is not a personal insult directed at anybody.

I firmly believe that anybody who is in favour of the death penalty is a vile and uncivilised scumbag.

ban-all-sheds said:
The following is an opinion, stated without the use of profanities, and is not a personal insult directed at anybody.

I firmly believe that anybody who is in favour of the death penalty is a vile and uncivilised scumbag.
and i would say anyone that would let MURDERING scum live when its been proved beyond all doubt they did it then those people are not HUMAN they have no empathy for human kind and should not be in any position of power to have any say in what happens to child molestor/killers

this is one reason we will take the law into our own hands when and if we can

getting personal bas eh ;) your losing it :LOL:

ban-all-sheds said:

I think that's a bit harsh, some people like him deserve the death penalty.

ban-all-sheds said:

Mahatma Gandhi remarked on the lex talionis: "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and the whole world would soon be blind and toothless."

"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." (Matthew 5:38-42, NIV)

BAS is in good company :D :D

Its very difficult when you are closely involved in this type of tragedy though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back