HW & CH programmer fuse keeps blowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night I came home to a cold house and found a flashing battery icon on my Danfoss FP75 programmer. After a little investigation I sourced the problem to a blown 3A fuse. I replaced the fuse and the flashing battery icon disappeared. It was getting late and I left it without checking the HW & CH worked ok.

This morning however, same problem....

For a full picture, when I got home the evening before I noticed that "someone" had left the hot water tap running in the ensuite bathroom all day :evil: . Could that have caused a pump motor to burn out causing a short circuit?

I am not very plumbing savvy but I have identified the following bits of hardware in the system:

Danfoss FP-75 HW & CH programmer
Grundfos 25-55G pump
2 * Honeywell F6 9409 small boxes that sit on the pipes coming from the hot water tank

I think thats it
:confused: Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Check you have not got a little leak (from anything) dripping into the motorised valves

Fuses only blow when too much power is being drawn across them - i.e a short circuit on the electrics some where. So yes this could be a leak on the electrical components of your system. I would visually check where possible the conditions of these things (diverter valve, pump etc). If I was to have a wild guess I would say it would be the pump. The pump valves leaking onto the electrics or even the pump being jammed would cause your problem. - Go-Repairs

They appear to be bone dry, nothing leaking on to them or from them.

I've run out of 3A fuses, so i'm going to pop out and get some and then disconnect the water pump from the mains and see if that is what has been blowing the fuses.

Sponsored Links
They appear to be bone dry, nothing leaking on to them or from them.

I've run out of 3A fuses, so i'm going to pop out and get some and then disconnect the water pump from the mains and see if that is what has been blowing the fuses.

That would be my suggestion, but remember to be careful it is 240v and that you only use 3amp fuses. It should be on a lead that plugs in (some older systems might not have the lead on a plug) so should be able to un plug that and see if everything is ok - thus proving the pump faulty. You may have to go through a fault finding process but most commonly its the pump at fault.

Post if you need more help. - Go-Repairs[/i]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back