HW overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a five year old Rhino oil fired boiler which has suddenly started banging after it has been on for a few hours, Burner has been serviced & is smoke free & doesn't seem to miss a beat. When the boiler stat shuts it off the HW side boils & sends water to the F&E tank but tank is not over filling. HW is separate to CH off the other side of the boiler with a pump operated by a cyl stat Help/ideas please. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
DOes it still do it if you turn the boiler stat down?

Hi Chris,thanks for the response. I turned the boiler stat well down yesterday evening & it seemed OK but the rads are a lot cooler of course. This morning I have drained the system down & let it flush but the water was clean right from the start. I checked at the 'T' junction where the F&E tank fills the system ( as suggested in FAQ)& it was cold when filling on all three pipes. I do notice a swishing sound(like washing in a washer drum) from time to time in the boiler but the oil side never misses a beat or alters. The boiler was only running at 75(where it was put when it was installed-professionally) so I will increase it a wee bit at a time & see what happens. Thanks again,John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back