HW Temperature for Venturi Showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new here and found your website - good reading to begin with - when googling for info on venturi showers.

I have an electric shower at the moment and have always wanted to upgrade to something with a bit more oomph. But I'm in a single storey house and have low HW head - a bare 2m to the ground floor ceiling where the shower is. So it's a pump, or a heat bank ... or a recently found Venturi.

I like the idea of the venturi as it seems the least work to install. I've had a prowl through the archives and two questions come up.

1 There seems to be a recommendation that the HW tank temperature should be high - can someone recommend what temperature please ? My current tank sat is around 60C (heating is oil and a log burner).

2 There is also I see a concern about the HW feed to the shower - 22mm pipe recommended. In my situation the shower is at the far end of an extension and is a 8m horizontal straight run from the HW tank - is this distance a problem and should I perhaps use 28mm ?

I will tehn have to decide on a manufacturer ! What are the opinions on this ?

Cheers and thanks for any assistance

Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back