Hybrid alarm advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm looking for some advice, please.

Looking to set up a new system in a property which has been renovated. Would like the flexibility of wireless, but with security of wired. Looking at wireless we were looking at the Pyronix Enforcer but...

1. In a hybrid system, which elements of the system are typically hard wired?
2. Is there a hybrid system which incorporates the best wireless security aspects (2-way, encryption, jam-proof...?)?
3. We've been referring to this article http://cybergibbons.com/alarms-2/wireless-alarm-recommendations/ but it's relatively old now and would be grateful for some up-to-date thoughts on the best options currently on the market. We are not looking to hook it up to the internet/control via mobile app, although options with GSM/PSTN alerting seem like a good nice-to-have. Is the Pyronix Euro 46 with wireless extension a good option?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
all radio signals could be jammed , jam proof doesn't exist but you can make it more difficult, pyronix has dual frequency i believe. visonic latest have multiple frequency swapping.

Hybrid has advantages, using different techs if oe fails the other is available usually,

Hybrids, often have hardwired bells and keypads, and wireless detection, some are often upgrades of an existing system so you have hardwired detection and wireless detection.

Euro 46 panel from what I have seen recently with wireless appears okay, but its not on my install list as yet.

Thanks @secureiam that's really helpful - any particular misgivings about the Euro 46 for it not to be on the list yet? or suggestions for other options?

Sponsored Links
not really, just I have a range that I install routinely and its wide enough as it is, but occasionally install other kit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back