Hychika batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hychika leaf blower, its so dam good but one of the 4.0ah batteries has failed. Well it wont charge at all and the batt test button will not light up.

I was considering taking the pack apart and replacing the 18650 cells, any advice? Not done this before i believe i need a spot welder. Anyone out here know of a service where they repair or done it yourself?

Sponsored Links
I have a Hychika leaf blower, its so dam good but one of the 4.0ah batteries has failed. Well it wont charge at all and the batt test button will not light up.

I was considering taking the pack apart and replacing the 18650 cells, any advice? Not done this before i believe i need a spot welder. Anyone out here know of a service where they repair or done it yourself?
Had a problem with a battery , opened it and one terminal had detached , was easy solder repair .

Make sure the 18650's are genuine capacity ones, Torchy sells genuine ones. You can make a spot welder using a car battery and a heavy duty relay. You can also solder to the end caps, using plumbers flux, in place of multi-core electronic solder, providing you clean it off well, after soldering.

Sponsored Links
But if you solder be very careful not to overheat the battery cells while you do it, hence the spot welding recommendation.

worth placing battery and charger in a warm house for 24 hrs
also try charging another battery or use another charger iff you have the choice
do the charger lights work ok??

Make sure the 18650's are genuine capacity ones, Torchy sells genuine ones. You can make a spot welder using a car battery and a heavy duty relay. You can also solder to the end caps, using plumbers flux, in place of multi-core electronic solder, providing you clean it off well, after soldering.
Thanks Harry and all of you for the tips and info. Always fancied spot welding my own, ill see what repair shop says first. Determined to restore these!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back