hydrogen hot air?

felix said:
Icelanders have been heating their houses with geothermal steam for as long as I can remember. (When I first read about this way back in junior school I imagined houses with pipes running out to little geysers in their back gardens.) If we can get our act together and stop throwing valuable heat away then I believe the balance tips in favour of the power station.

Latest I've heard is from a handy little prog on R4 called 'five holes in the ground'

Seems the Icelanders plan to did even deeper holes, use the super steam to power turbines and produce hydrogen fuel cells to export to Ken in London to power the new eco buses.

Sponsored Links
if we could replicate nuclear fission (not fusion) at room temperature, then all the worlds energy problems would be solved over night.

noseall said:
if we could replicate nuclear fission (not fusion) at room temperature, then all the worlds energy problems would be solved over night.

How so? what do we do with all the radioactive waste?

Sponsored Links
im no scientist, but i dont think fission gives off the same radioactive waste that fusion does. wheres a scientist when you need one?

Back