hyundai car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
right im so fed up of this problem and im begining to feel like im been ripped of cause im female. the problem is as follows its a hyundai coupe 2001 1.6 been reving on its own when i stop at a junction or come to slow down and then some times it drops revs and then engine cuts out.been going on for nearly a year this problem is wen i take it to garage it dont do it really annoyingbeen told it could be idle valve several times or throttle both been cleaned out numerous times, and still problem persists. this has been going on for months so took it back todat they hooked in on a machine and they now saying its a engine management fault and its gonna cost £500 to replace does this sound right any advice please

Sponsored Links
I think the problem with Hyundai dealers is that Hyundai give a fantastic deal to buyers of new motors. I think 50K miles free servicing and full parts and labour guarantee. This means the dealers cannot make any extra money out of the customers for the the first 50K miles.
I had a + 5 year old Hyundai and the dealer tried to rip me off on every occasion.
I think the moral of my story is never ask a main dealer to work on a second hand car that originally had free servicing and parts and labour guarantee.
I suggest you take it to a good independent mechanic, ask friends and relatives. And as a general comment never use main dealers for servicing any car unless its still in warranty.
Sorry I can't help with your problem, try describing it on google, its worked for me in the past.
Good luck

1. Auto choke on the blink? - unlikely - presume your car is injection....
2. Lambda sensor in the exhaust? - Incorrect reading of fuel content of exhaust fumes causing engine management to over fuel / starve on overrun / no rev situations approaching junctions
3. Air flow meter? - air inlet manifold sensor can't judge how much air is entering engine and is sending dodgy signals to injection system.

Don't know the engine but these three are some I've had on my previous cars causing similar problems.

Good garage / MOT station should be able to track problem for you. Forget main dealer, only like bolting new parts onto new cars I have heard from a client who has a 52 reg version of yours.

I'd say either idle control vale or maybe a faulty coolant temp sensor. Temp sender is under twenty quid and 5 minute job to fit, idle valve i would expect to be around £100.

As said above though, find a good backstreet garage that comes recommended and take it to them

Sponsored Links
I would get another diagnostic check done at an independent garage and if it is an E.C.U. problem try this site www.the-ecu-doctor, I have used them in the past and they do what they say.

;)

took it to independant dealer they had it on machine the fault occured when it was with them and it is a ecu fault to replace it it was gonna cost £1500 to repair it £300 plus vat so ive gone for the repair been without a car for a week now

Back