I have a question to do for college

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked to design a 3 bed house 1 bathroom with gravity fed shower kitchen utility room 8 rads with a 24kw boiler i have to design this on paper. Is there any 1 that can help with design also i have to decide if this system is an s plan or y plan
Any help would be good

Sponsored Links
if i remember a y plan can take up to 60000 so i would use this it would prob be good if some one could show a drawing for this design im sure some of the big boys can do it

You're asking us to do your homework for you :eek:

Look at the honeywell site, plenty of stuff there that will help. I haven't given you the link because you need to do some work yourself. ;)

What are you going to do when you have to do this for real?

Mabe look on honywell web site under y plan,mid position valve. no need 4 a bypass if you go with y plan as long as 1 rad has no trv

Sponsored Links
bab said:
no need 4 a bypass if you go with y plan as long as 1 rad has no trv

That depends on the boiler instructions!!! Following is an excerpt from one set of boiler instructions
Therefore a by-pass must be fitted
to the system (15 mm min) (Fig. 6A).
If the volume of circulating water is too low,
the boiler water temperature will rise too
rapidly. This could cause noise in the system
or even cause the safety thermostat to trip.

Basically a set of boiler instructions is a good place to start as there are drawings there you could borrow or adapt. Most of the manufacturers have instructions that you could download from their web-sites. This applies for other plumbing items such as showers.

I wont do your homework for you either but will give you credit for knowing where to ask about it and hope you find the above pointers useful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back