i have a single pipe system

Sponsored Links
OP, you seem to have said that you have a few rads in series ( one pipe system ) and the circulation is currently by gravity.

If that is the case all you need to do is to add your extra rad in series together with a pump controlled by a room stat and a pipe stat connected in series. With the pump creating the flow you could use your 15 mm tube.

Tony

Sponsored Links
hi doitall so the two pipes from the boiler flow and return i can pipe to them and change the pipe work of the existing rad :rolleyes:

OP, you seem to have said that you have a few rads in series ( one pipe system ) and the circulation is currently by gravity.

If that is the case all you need to do is to add your extra rad in series together with a pump controlled by a room stat and a pipe stat connected in series. With the pump creating the flow you could use your 15 mm tube.

Tony

Don't talk rubbish Tony, your confusing the OP, at least look at the sketch. :rolleyes:

hi doitall so the two pipes from the boiler flow and return i can pipe to them and change the pipe work of the existing rad :rolleyes:

You need a flow for the heating circuit, the return you could reuse if you install an injector tee, and cut/cap the pipe where it joins the primary return at high level.

Don't talk rubbish Tony, your confusing the OP, at least look at the sketch. :rolleyes:

The OP is confusing me! The sketch is no more enlightening!

Regardless, properly configured, I would expect he will need a pump triggered from a pipe stat but ideally via a cylinder satisfied stat.

I am sure he will be better having it implemented by a professional.

Tony

Assuming it's correct the sketch is quite clear.

I agree getting a pro in would be the best plan, if you can find one that knows what they are doing.

problem is had 2 plumbers round and they say they dont know single pipe systems and one stated he only works with plastic :rolleyes:

I wouldn't entertain plastic for a solid fuel appliance either.

The Op says "one pipe" and I'm seeing two pipes on the drawing.
Albeit they run off the page to no mans land.
It would be good to know the proper layout and what make of log stove and what mi's state for his particular appliance.

the log burner can run a max of 8 rads there is only one its running the 2 pipes what come from the boiler are a flow and return its goes into a coil in the immersion tank it has had header tank and vented ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back