I need a electonic transfomer please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I paid £130 for a light and had someone install the light and the next day it was not working .....im then told that its the transformer.

Why would this go only after a day?

I need to buy a new one as asap but i dont have a clue to what i need to buy it has about 12 halogen bulbs on the fitting each are probably 10 watts.

The previous transformer was Anchorn Model : AET-3502CT
Prim: 220-240v
Sek : 11.5v~ 150W/Max. (50-150W)

I was told it could be fitted in the ceiling so i would like one which is built to last if possible and something that is British as was told these would be better?

Sponsored Links
I paid £130 for a light and had someone install the light and the next day it was not working .....im then told that its the transformer.

Either it was faulty, in which case the shop owes you a new one, or the bloke who installed it broke it, and he owes you a new one.

Either way, it isn't down to you to fund a replacement.

Sponsored Links

Either it was faulty, in which case the shop owes you a new one, or the bloke who installed it broke it, and he owes you a new one.

Either way, it isn't down to you to fund a replacement.

It was my a friend of a friend what fitted my light and to be honest i think it was him who broke it ...but he was doing me a favour ...so i cant really ask him to pay for a replacement.

I did ask him why it happened he said its cause the transformer is not British & they can go anytime

Yes, 'tis well known that British is best, and anything made abroad can fail at any time.

Why on earth people stopped buying British Leyland cars, but kept on buying Mercs, BMWs and Hondas etc I shall never understand.

Whilst I agree with ban all sheds that some chinese goods are of poor quality. He must have a short memory BL cars were absolute rubbish thats why no one bought them. Remember the horrid Marina.

Whilst I agree with ban all sheds that some chinese goods are of poor quality. He must have a short memory BL cars were absolute rubbish thats why no one bought them. Remember the horrid Marina.

Quick, call the irony patrol, urgent! :D :D :D

i think he was joking mate :LOL:

he did try to put a dimmer switch on when it wasnt suppose to have one . maybe thats why it broke?

I didnt believe what he spouted about it breaking cause its not british , he just didnt want to admit to breaking it.

wished i paid for someone fit it now .

Thanks for the feedback

Never believe that UK made transformers are made in the UK . Most come from China.

Your light fitting has a 12 month warentee on it so take it back

Use a qualified and registyered electrician always ( yours sounds like a cowboy )

good transformers cost more

IBL
Tridonic
MODE
OSRAM

all have long warentees but only if installed properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back