I NEED HELP WITH THIS BLOODY LEAKING TAP - modern tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot believe im asking this question as im pretty good when it comes to stuff like this. However, on this occasion im stuck.

I have one of those waterfall taps for the bath controlled by two independent taps. The tap is leaking and i assumed changing the washer would be job done and browny points for me...HOW WRONG WAS I!!

I have attached a pic of the tap in question. I know you release the top cap protecting the screw, unscrew the screw but then after, how the hell do i expose the washer. Is this particular tap one sealed unit meaning im unable to replace the washer??

If anyone could give me guidence on this particular annoying question that would be excellent

Cheers all

Andy

Sponsored Links
Do you know what make it is? It looks familiar but I can't put my hand on the details.

K

i have no idea. They were installed 4 years ago along with the whole bathroom, probably some cheap chinese crap.

If im honest i would like to change them altoghether but changing the taps is going to be mission all on its own. There is very little room to get under the bath and undo the nuts so replacing them would require the bath being smashed out.

My bathroom walls had to grooved out to fit the bath in when it was installed. Once the taps were installed the bath was then tiled around meaning LOCK DOWN. I would require an arm 6 ft long, thin and very flexible...know anyone fitting that description, lol

I would require an arm 6 ft long, thin and very flexible...know anyone fitting that description, lol

Thats every plumber on here then...

Trouble I find is, 'bathroom-fitters' are not the time-served plumbers who just know that they may well be called back in the coming years to effect a repair on something they have installed.
OK, so that's a 'Sweeping generalisation' then, but bathroom brochures, displays in nicely lit sales areas, and worst of all salesmen/consultants never admit to the possibility that any component may need attention, and if you look carefully at any bathroom brochure there is never, ever any pipework into or leading away from any WC/Basin/shower tray etc. And this is of course exactly the look that we (proper plumbers) are meant to achieve for Mrs Jones. Rant over

Soooo, back to the problem in hand. Any chance of working through a hole cut in ceiling underneath, or more drastically cutting access holes through walls to access the taps?. No, I though not.

DH

Sponsored Links
It looks like something I used to get from a supplier who is up your way, I'm trying to PM you their details but your messages are set to private....

K

i have no idea. They were installed 4 years ago along with the whole bathroom, probably some cheap chinese crap.
You are so right :mrgreen:
. I would require an arm 6 ft long, thin and very flexible...know anyone fitting that description, lol
Mr.Tickle :idea:

It looks like something I used to get from a supplier who is up your way, I'm trying to PM you their details but your messages are set to private....

K
cheers mate.
set to private, how do i go about changing that? I have been through my settings but no swedish blonde jumped out at me so no joy there.

Is this supplier birmingham based because im pretty sure thats where my taps came from?

Go to the top of the page, click Messages, then go into the Settings tab, change to allow messages from all registered users.

They're in Coventry but I'm sure they supply lots of bathroom places near you.

K

The mechanism - and obviously the washer - is probably under the surface, not inside the bit in your picture.

if its under the surface ive had it. i have no chance of getting to the pipework. I have already began the search for a new single column bath tap which i can mount in the corner of my bath, then cut out the existing taps and cap the holes.

Quick questions guys, how can i test the bar pressure on my bath taps. If i do purchase i new tap i need to know the bar pressure is ok but how can i test for this??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back