I think our heating system maybe plumbed incorrectly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have underfloor heating down stairs with a thermostat in the living room and another one in the kitchen.

Upstairs we have radiators in each room

The problem is that when the heating comes on upstairs get warm quickly and downstairs takes time which is fine, but once down stairs is warm up stairs will stay off and by the time you go to bed its cold.

The control panel offers 2 zones but I think this is one for the kitchen and one for the living room.

the control panel & thermostats are uponor

is there any way I can correct this fault or do I need a plumber to adjust how the system works?

Sponsored Links
Should be a thermostat upstairs controlling the radiators. If you haven't then the installer was a numpty.

Apart from that the rads should also have TRVs which when correctly set will stop the U/S getting too hot.

UFH should be timed to start about 1-2 hours before the heat is needed. And finish an hour earlier too.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back