Horstmann 3channel system thermostats controlling wrong area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive a system consisting of a channelplus xl nlh37 control panel, two hrt2 thermostats one upstairs one downstairs, an hct2 on the immersion tank and three f222m/i valves.

The problem I am having is the thermostat for the down stairs heating is controlling the water and the thermostat for water is controlling down stairs heating.

I have tried swapping the wires on the control panel and going to valves but these dont seem to affect the thermostat.

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Do you have a multimeter? (and know how to use it? ;) )

If so, you should able to locate where the wires have been crossed.

The path for each channel is:

Timer ON terminal - thermostat common; thermostat call - valve brown.

I have a multimeter just not so hot on using it lol. There is a "junction box" above the valves. All the wires coming out of it into the valves have all the same colours into one connection, except for 3 brown wires one from each valve. Do I put brown to multimeter and ground to multimeter

I have a multimeter just not so hot on using it lol.
Set it to AC Voltage (usually 600v setting)

All the wires coming out of it into the valves have all the same colours into one connection, except for 3 brown wires one from each valve.
Each valve has four wires: brown, blue, grey and orange. All blues should go to one terminal; all greys to a second; and all oranges to a third. The brown wire is the motor live connection.

You measure between the brown and the blue. When a channel is turned on there should be 240v between brown and blue of the appropriate valve when the thermostat is high and 0v when it is low.

Sponsored Links
Two valves where connected wrongly swapped them all seems to be working fine now thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back