Icon 23 T Combi - Keeps tripping on & off when hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice, i have an Icon 23t (By Hermann i think, distributed by Travis Perkins).

The problem is when i run hot water the system ignites and after a few seconds cuts out, it then ignites and cuts out...and so on. This provides hot water for the shower at the mo (just).

I have had this problem 2 years ago and a guy came and replaced the circuit board (not cheap!) and it appeared to fix it. Early this year i had the diverter valve replaced as the system had packed up completly and while doing this job he apparently cleaned the heat exchanger and sprayed some stuff (i dont know what, sorry) into various components which he said would be the safer bet to avoid problems recurring.

So im not having alot of luck here, could be the circuit board again i guess...or is there some other things that should be checked first?

Many thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
is it just on hot water or on heating aswell?

if hot water only I would suspect the plate he is blocked.

Sponsored Links
you need the ignition box pcb (plugs onto gas valve. blue/green in colour sit 537 abc) . the makers will do a fixed price repair for £215
01773 828100

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back