Ideal Boiler Location ?

mcbean said:
Some of you are lucky where you live where if you have had no issues with neighbours. Good luck

Well at scholl I suffered sleep depravation with other boys talking in the dorm half the night.

At university I shared a room with a drunken rugby playing scot, on a good night he came slamming into the room middle of the night blind drunk, often brought back by Police. On a bad night he brought his mates back to play darts. The dart board was above my bed.

In our first bedsit we had the sound of the couple upstairs banging the headboard against the wall ever night at a rate that made me feel quite inadequate. Recon they had asbestos private parts or somat.

If it is in your power to change your circumstances you do, if it is out of your control you do what I did in those times, wrapped my head in a pillow until I got to sleep.

Sponsored Links
Good call, thats why it taken so long so far - dont want to move as we have all the things here and couldnt afford to get the same somewhere else where i can still do the same job (something to do with the government !) . I could probably live with it but my wife has struggled and caused her illness (lack of sleep is not good anywhere) , we already have noise makers in or room which i hate - this stuff can be heard over it which sounds crazy to say and earplugs make it worse. But if you cant and of course lots cant you are lucky cause its bad if you can . Most of the x army people here have had their eardrums blasted by explosives and are deaf as a post

Practically i think it can be sorted with the guy just need the facts to do it and a bit of understanding hence some of the questions in previous posts

On a practical level nobody has really answered if its a good place to put a boiler (Gloworm on LPG) in a garage ! on an East facing wall cos if i can get it moved to the back i need to know wheres the best as the guy who installed it thinks its ok - i and my wife might disagree

Be a man and tell the wife she is nuts and no one else can hear the noise, even you if your honest and get on with your life. Harsh but with all the evidence you have given .Probably true

Well my next door neighbour is as deaf as a post and doesn't use hearing aids. Her phone sounds like a police siren and her telly volume is really high. I can hear it but my girlfriend just blanks it out. Drives me mad!

Worse still, my girlfriend is an audiologist so she even checked to see if she is registered so she can send her a leaflet offering a hearing checkup!

she isn't! So will have to put up with it because I haven't the bottle to tell her. Not her fault her hearing is failing.

If it was me with the boiler i would record the noise and play it to the neighbour. And tell him you can't sleep because of it. Failing that the only option is to move house which is quite drastic, or get his gas supply disconnected! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
mcbean said:
Nobody has really answered if its a good place to put a boiler in a garage !

Personally I would rather it be in the kitchen which will eliminate wasteful long pipe runs.

No need for a pipe stat or frost stat too which you should have installed :D

I have!

I would have no problem putting a boiler in my garage and probably will!

My garage will be at least 30m from any other house though!

A garage is just the same as any other part of the house except that the normal use is for the boat or storage!

Tony

If the boiler is moved to a place of your liking maybe you could get your neighbour to hook up to your heating system.........Will you still hear it?
Loony Tunes is now playing..................

Bahco said:
mcbean said:
Nobody has really answered if its a good place to put a boiler in a garage !

Personally I would rather it be in the kitchen which will eliminate wasteful long pipe runs.
Doesn't that depend on the house layout :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back