Ideal C28 boiler seeing imaginary frost!?

Softus, rather than just dissecting what others have said why dont you offer independent constructive assistance with the original technical problem?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Softus...why dont you offer independent constructive assistance with the original technical problem?
Because I have no technical comment to make at this stage - too many cooks can spoil the broth. However, the reason I've posted is because you invited everyone to post, viz:

Agile said:
Now everyone who reads these forums will think that they are an expert on boilers and their temperature control and FP systems!
Since you stated that everyone will think bla bla bla, and I'm one of "everyone", I felt justified in pointing out that your statement was wrong.

If you're uncomfortable with being contradicted when you're wrong, I suggest that you avoid making incorrect statements. One easy way to do this is to avoid making sweeping and unsubstantiated generalisations. Another is to avoid casting pompous and condescending aspersions.

Yet another is to respect the fact that this membership of this forum is anonymous, and that not everyone wants to trumpet their name, their company name, their range of services, and their geographical area of normal operation, their qualifications, their experience, and their knowledge of specific appliances and components and itty bitty little pins and springs and things. Perhaps you'd like to bear in mind that there's no call for persistently brandishing your company policy towards customers, your hourly rate, your belief that your own professionalism is above that of anyone else, the implication that novices should remain on bended knee when reading your advice, that non-CORGI engineers should be silent on all matters related to gas, that the moderators don't manage the forum(s) to your personal liking, and that you, and you alone, should be allowed to break the forum rules, and <the list is almost endless>...

Softus said:
Agile said:
Softus...why dont you offer independent constructive assistance with the original technical problem?
Because I have no technical comment to make at this stage - too many cooks can spoil the broth. However, the reason I've posted is because

You have nothing constructive to add, as usual.

Gasman1015 said:
You have nothing constructive to add, as usual.
Really? Based on a sample of how many of my posts, out of how many, and over what period of time?

Sponsored Links
Notthatone said:
The boiler did not start (either in frost protect or otherwise) when the resistor was attached.

Does that mean that the boiler wouldn't start at all or that it just didn't start up erroneously? The former would be a bit of a worry. The boiler should work OK with the resistor in, but then it should work OK without it, so I'm not sure what adding it might prove.

Either the sensor is giving odd readings, the pcb is reading odd readings, or there's something wrong with the wiring. Intermittent faults can be impossible to find because they aren't reproducible.

Sensors can certainly go intermittent, so I would have changed it by now.

Adding that resistor was to ensure that if the sensor was just a little too high it would not legitimately trigger the FP.

Unfortunately the user's response was ambiguous and in any case he no longer wants my help now.

Tony

Sure if it had been, but it was within the range given... :confused: Oh never mind!

I've been out of town the last few days. Looks like there was some blue touchpaper lighting going on! Hopefully it's all died down now...

ChrisR/Agile: I never got chance to do exhaustive tests with the resistor, only to observe the error lamps. I'll do some more thorough testing tomorrow (Wednesday) and report back with a more extensive set of results.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back