Ideal Cavalcade 350 - relighting the pilot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an old gas back boiler, the model is an Ideal Cavalcade 350 and through my own daft fault the boiler pilot light has gone out, I know this because I forgot to put credit in my gas pay-as-you-go meter so the supply just cuts off until it is re-credited.

Anyway the meter is now topped up and the gas fire works but the heating and hot water do not so I need to get the pilot re-lit, I see from looking at other posts about similar situations on this forum that it is normally a case of holding one knob down whilst pressing another but I've been lying under the thing most of the afternoon trying without any luck. I remember ages ago when it happened last and I had to call someone out to it and it took them seconds and they appeared to be doing a similar thing but there was a 'whoosh' when it lit and then he knew it was successful.

Is anyone familiar with this boiler who can help or is it best to try and post a photo of the controls?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
All you can do is follow the lighting instructions and if that fails you will find it difficult to light manually. Post a pic, but I would suggest a service before the Winter.

Thanks for the reply, as it is an old boiler I do not have a manual to explain how to light it and the property is local authority rented so they have only serviced it quite recently. The reason that I was trying to light it myself was because the council tend to charge to send someone out and it seemed to be quite easy for the chap who came out the last time it happened but unfortunately he did not show me how it was done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back