Ideal classic ff250 stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could do with some help with my classic ff250 which has stopped working. Yesterday morning all was working fine, heating and water came on as usual in the morning. I then spent the day removing tiles in the utility room some of which were below the boiler and around the water/heating control unit. Later that afternoon when the heating was due to come on it didn't. I have read some of the other threads but none seem to help. There seems to be power going to the contol unit as the lights are on. I have followed the instructions on the boiler..turn everything off, then back on, turn thermostat to 6, switch boiler on and it should reignite in 15 seconds...well it doesn't! Can't hear a fan, can't see a pilot and the overheat doesn't seem to have tripped as I can only see a red screw on the side, nothing that you could actually push back in.
Any suggestions before I call an engineer!

Sponsored Links
You need to prove power is getting to the boiler and that the overheat has not tripped.Make sure you haven't turned any switch off by mistake or disturbed wiring in any way.You do really need a meter to do tests with and if you are not sure then call a boiler repairman after doing all the basic checks.

You need to prove power is getting to the boiler and that the overheat has not tripped.Make sure you haven't turned any switch off by mistake or disturbed wiring in any way.You do really need a meter to do tests with and if you are not sure then call a boiler repairman after doing all the basic checks.

As above, if your competent the first thing you should check is the fan, 230v at fan,and its not running,change the fan.

Sponsored Links
as above generally expect if its definitly got power in then providing the o/heat stat hasnt tripped it would be the fan unit.
Seems very strange why its happened the same time you were removing tiles though so id just double check the boilers definitly got power in (check the plug connection into the boiler incase its loose)

Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back