Ideal Classic ff280 boiler over heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. would anyone be able to advise why our Ideal Classic FF280 boiler overheats everytime the system attempts to heat the hot water. This issue is isolated to the heating of the hot water in that the central heating works with no issues (I have tested both at the same time and in isolation). We had the boiler stat set at approx 4 (which I thought was the recommended level)? thanks.

Sponsored Links
Are you saying that the overheat stat activates and has to be reset?
If so, I would suspect a flow problem when on hot water only, but there may be a number of reasons. System type would help?

Yes the overheat stat clicks out when heating up the hot water. Regarding the system sorry I should have noted, it is a conventional open vented system.

Sponsored Links
There are two honeywell motorised valves both of which appear to be opening and closing when requested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back