Ideal Classic NF30 - intermittent fault

Sponsored Links
I think the gf had number confusion. It may have been £150 total. (£50 labour). Can anybody advise how I can find the part number that I need (to try and source myself online).
ebay sales suggest that 173799 will be for the 30 NF (surely the same as NF30), yet an online shop lists 79719 and 173799 for the NF range. Would either work, or do I need to find the correct one?
Thanks again.

Turned out that the PCB was ok, but the fuse had blown :D
Put another fuse in, and it worked fine. Put it back in the casing and turned on...and it was dead again
Replaced with another fuse and left on whilst doing the casing up, and it now works fine.
Hopefully it is not something else which was blowing the fuse.... (and I can send the new unused PCB back)

Damn.. it has stopped working. I expect the fuse has gone again after being on for 30 mins...
So does this mean that it could be the PCB, pump, fan etc...?
Back to square 1 I think :(

Sponsored Links
Turned out that the PCB was ok, but the fuse had blown :D
Put another fuse in, and it worked fine. Put it back in the casing and turned on...and it was dead again
Replaced with another fuse and left on whilst doing the casing up, and it now works fine.
Hopefully it is not something else which was blowing the fuse.... (and I can send the new unused PCB back)

pcb`s cannot be sent back :(

The distance selling regulations suggest that I can return it though ? I appreciate that I cannot return earrings etc (hygiene), or unseal media..but there is nothing in the DSR concerning circuit boards etc..

However, I may have to keep it if the problem is the PCB... would be cheaper than a fan or pump I expect.. Any ideas? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back