Ideal Classic pilot problem

The fan seems to be fine and generating whatever pressure differential the APS needs, at least on start-up. Trying to run with pipes disconnected doesn't sound like a good idea (even if that would fix the fault!).
I'm just a humble electrical/electronics engineer (MIET but not Part P) whose trying to do it himself - Do It, Y-not. Detailed information on these boilers seems hard to find.

So I'm almost beaten and the distaff side is getting decidedly twitchy. Unfortunately, my local friendly knowledgeable CORGI chap has moved away. If it came to the bit, what would I replace the Classic FF260 with - with regular CORGI servicing it's been ultra-reliable, until now. Or would you recommend asking an expert to fix it - and where would I find such a one near Winchcombe, Gloucs?

Onwards and upwards, Neil.

Sponsored Links
Yes you will get the latest automatically if you buy a new one, if you think it is the fault, I would be tending to lean that way now after reading the posts, but then you can't take pcb's back!

Sponsored Links
Has anyone got a service manula for this boiler.. I am having the same problem of the fan running and it is sparking but no gas seems to be arriving!!
thanks guys
robin

I've got one doing this tonight.

Going to change the gas valve tomorrow.

Gas to pilot though?

Blocked pilot through lack of service?

Dave

Hi ya Dave :)

Took the pilot assembly out (including injector) and cleaned with my compressor.

Got 240V to pilot solenoid and sparking ok.

So changing the valve.

Hi ya Dave :)

Took the pilot assembly out (including injector) and cleaned with my compressor.

Got 240V to pilot solenoid and sparking ok.

Bang on Dave! Good to be back on Diynot, giving my usual basic advice and dissappearing when the diagnosis gets tough.

Never done a valve on a classic mate.

Look easy enough but anything unusual let me know chap.

Cheers boy

Dave

So changing the valve.

They're not easy to buy. I only know one place, and that's not online. Unless you know different?

g4y .So why not just change the pilot solenoid then.

Just me namsag, I always replace omplete assemblies so the customer has a full warranty.

I know a lot of you change individual components and good on yer, each to his own.

I also need this for 16:00 tomorrow ;)

Fair play to you dave but gas valve will last another ten years with just a solenoid pilot or main. And by the way classic gas valve can be a bassa to change.

That one I know:
497930.gif

But the Classic valves I've seen are mostly this one with black coils. Last one I bought cost me about £30, though the same place sold the red ones for a tenner. Not the same, is it?
462761.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back