Ideal Combi HE30 - Frustrated with pre-heat!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been having problems with my Ideal Combi HE30 boiler for a few months now (as have many others by the looks of it!)

Firstly the PCB went in June, so I called out British Gas and they replaced it. It was fine for a month or so, then every fifteen minutes the heating appeared to click on.. When I looked at the control pane on the boilerl, the letter 't' was showing which the manual says is the boiler pre-heating. The radiators come on every time and the damn thing is so noisy that it wakes me up in the night.

Before calling out British Gas again it would be great if I could have some opinions and possibly a resolution of how I could fix this myself. Is there a way to turn the pre-heat off? I have attached a photo of my current boiler settings - is there a more efficient setting I could put it on to stop this happening? These are the settings that the engineer left the boiler on. I have tried the reset suggested in the manual a number of times

Sorry for being a complete girl about this and thanks in advance!

View media item 51689

Sponsored Links
sounds as though you need a new diverter cartridge, but you may need the system cleaning as dirt is the usual cause of failed diverters (and many other parts). Don't think you can turn the preheat off.

you probaly need this part.

ideal part number 202310

part name. pre heat disablement kit.

Tbh save up for a new boiler.

it will prob just be the diverter valve not springing back, allowing the heating to come on in preheat. really common and i've seen it happen even with clean systems, to check you can remove the actuator and pull the shaft towards you. if you have a repair contract get um called, they will prob carry um on the van.

Sponsored Links
If the diverter valve was open in the heating position the preheat would never turn off

Does your hot water work?

Did it do this before the new pcb and ahas it done it constantly ever since?

Not worth spending a penny on the boiler.
Better off buying another boiler. In a year or two you'll be buying another PCB.

Alternative is take out one of these insurance plans and then wait a few months then call them out. But you'll be paying out on the insurance
plan.

If the diverter valve was open in the heating position the preheat would never turn off

Does your hot water work?

Did it do this before the new pcb and ahas it done it constantly ever since?
Yes they do. Depends how much the valve is passing to how long it takes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back