Ideal Concord WRS 255 Boiler wont fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had some work done on central heating system such as new pipe work, moved and added rad. The boiler had been switched off so still did not fire up, but the pilot light was left on.

After the work was done system was refilled rads all bled and then turned back on. Change the digital thermos stat so it would fire up nothing. I can hear the pump motor going and that works of same power as boiler.

Not sure why its done this as the boiler itself was not touched. Can anyone shed some light? Has to be something simple?

Sponsored Links
Is the pilot on? Check also that the little plug at the rear of the boiler thermostat housing is firmly located.
I assume all switches supplying boiler are on.
Failing that, it will need further electrical tests.

Hi thanks for the reply yes the pilot light is on, The little plug you refer to is that a single wire next to the ignitor?

Sponsored Links
You Sir are a legend, thank so much I knew it would be something simple. I must of knocked the cable when clearing out the cupboard. (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back