IDEAL ELAN 2 EMMERSION HEATER *** NOT HEATING WATER PROPERLY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Please can someone help or advise :cry:

I have the above emmersion heater and over the last few weeks we have been stuggling to get hot water and if we do we get very little .We were just puting the water on few hours in the morning then few hours at night and that was enough until recently.

The tank is hot ,all pipes are hot but the water just physically isnt coming through the taps hot......I was advised by a plumber to change the diverter valve and also taken screw out of the water pump and the internals are spinning.

Does anyone have any other suggestions what it could be without it costing the earth by calling someone out.

Your urgent help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
Your post is not very clear.
Do you have a problem with your boiler or with your immersion heater?
Is there lack of flow or lack of temperature?

The tank is hot ,all pipes are hot but the water just physically isnt coming through the taps hot......I was advised by a plumber to change the diverter valve and also taken screw out of the water pump and the internals are spinning.

if the pipes and tank are hot why does the plumber think changing the diverter valve is the cause ?

whats the temp on the cylinder stat set to ?

if the pipes and tank are hot why does the plumber think changing the diverter valve is the cause ?

I'm not sure if its the bolier or emmersion heater, the bolier light is coming hot but only for short periods.coming on then going off.
The temp is currently set at 70 on the bolier.The outlet pipes are hot from the emmersion and the bolier.However we recieve luke warm water biefly then goes cold.

Does anyone have any suggestions

Sponsored Links

I'm not sure if its the bolier or emmersion heater, the bolier light is coming hot but only for short periods.coming on then going off.
The temp is currently set at 70 on the bolier.The outlet pipes are hot from the emmersion and the bolier.However we recieve luke warm water biefly then goes cold.

Does anyone have any suggestions

always use spellcheck??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back