Ideal HE15 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, this is the first time I have used this forum so please excuse me if I am asking the question in the wrong place or don't describe my problem very clearly to begin with...

I have a recently installed Ideal HE15 and it has started to make a loud bang noise followed by what I can only describe as a spitting out of a small quantity of water from the pipe that exits the wall at the back of the boiler into the outside air. It happens several times a day.

Has anyone come across such behaviour and should I be concerned and call in the installation engineers/fitters?

Many thanks. Nick.

Sponsored Links
How recent is recent?

Sounds like the expansion vessel has gone :eek: you say this is new? i'd get em back quick sharp, does the pressure gauge shoot straight up before it bangs and blows off?

Hi, it was fitted in December last year, so just over 5 months ago. OK, I will do as you suggest and call the people that installed it - sounds like it needs looking at quickly.

Thanks for your advice and I will update the site with what it was when I find out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back