Ideal HE30 issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To start off with I know nothing about boilers or central heating so have no plan on DIY here. I have cover for my boiler tho, but this has certain things that are not covered so would like some idea as to what the problem is so I can prepare to pay the bill!

In summer we had an infestation of flying ant's in the downstairs bathroom. Turns out they were attracted to and living in the wooden bath panel as this had got wet. We removed the wood, and it still took a few weeks to sort out the infestation. However I noticed that the concrete under the bath was wet all the time, and the boiler kept firing up every few minutes for hot water even tho no taps or hot water appliances were on. I found a very minor leek under the bath in the pipe that leads to the hot water tap. We needed to sort out a new bath anyway, so I haven't had the leak fixed as I should have the new bath on Sunday so will then arrange to get it all done at once. In the meantime I've had issues with the heating. At first the radiators down stairs wasn't as hot as upstairs, then a day later the heating stopped working. The display on the boiler just shows d all the time, which according to the book is for domestic hot water. The pressure has also dropped to below 1 bar, it's sitting at around 1/2 a bar!

Whats the likely problem? can the leak be the issue with the heating?

Sponsored Links
you get the leak fixed first or if you want heating isolate the cold feed to the boiler
top boiler up to 1 bar
all will be ok
if you cant do any of these pay someone who can

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back