Ideal Home Expo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone else go?

On the whole, I was disappointed. We are doing up our house at the moment, and went there to get ideas and information of various things - including new and up-and-coming technology for lighting, insulation, AV, home automation, security etc and there wasn't really a great deal of it there.

They did have an eco house, but no one there to answer questions. There was one home automation shop - with blonde bibos that knew f-all. 1 security shop and 2 insulation for loft conversions.

There is an grand-designs expo in May - hopefully that will be better??.

Sponsored Links
Have a look at this place, it is a permanent exhibition open a couple of days a week, the stands are not manned but when you arrive you register your name and address and you get a scanner. On the stands are barcodes next to information requests such as "send me a brochure" or "please get a salesman to call me" etc etc. so when you hace finished looking around you give the reader back to reception and they download the info and your postie gets a bad back in about a weeks time ;)

They have a house that they have refurbished which shows the latest stuff that is available.

http://www.buildstore.co.uk/mykindofhome/

There was one home automation shop - with blonde bibos that knew f-all.

well they worked, you went and looked didnt you.

That palce is not about helping its about selling stuff that breaks 2 weeks after you get it hoe, assuming you use it that long :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back