Ideal icos HE15 - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our hot water stopped working this morning. The heating is fine and there are no error codes on the boiler. When I switch the water on at the control box it clicks but the light does not come on to show it is working. The boiler does not fire up?

Also the red tank above the cylinder has a pressure of 0 bars?

Anything I can do or is it a call out job? Boiler is 3 yrs old with no problems so far...

Thanks

Sponsored Links
top it up till 1bar.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I know this sounds terrible but I do not know how to top it up?!? I don't have any paperwork and there are numerous parts to the cylinder. It's a Range Tribune HE.

Any ideas?

Sorry for being a total novice! First house and all that...

Please describe your system clearer.You have a heat only boiler and as it works ok for heating then there is probably no fault with the boiler,but a fault on the external hot water controls eg cyl stat or zone valve.

Sponsored Links
Hi - it's an ideal icos he15 with a sunvic select xl control panel. Then a range tribune cylinder. I've attached some photos. The light on the control panel comes on when the heating come on but when I turn on the water it clicks like it is working but no light and nothing from the boiler.

Thanks for all of your help.

The two black taps at either end of the silver braided hose is the fill loop.Turn both these on and slowly fill the system to about 1 bar and turn them both off.You have two sunvic zone valves after the pump and the one that feeds into the tribune will need to be checked for correct opening and end switch operation.Looks to me to be the one on the RHS.

Brilliant! I've learnt quite a bit today (even simple things like how to top up the pressure in the system!) Still no hot water but the pressure is back up. Will give someone a call tomorrow to come and have a look.

Thanks again for all of your help - what a great site.

I have the same issue with no hot water, Ideal Icos system. I had an air lock in pump which I sorted thanks to this forum. Now water pressure is very low. Issue is I don't have a refill option anywhere in house. The red tank in pics above is not in my airing cupboard and can't find a refill valve anywhere. Any ideas?? Pic of my airing cupboard Hi, appreciate this is old post.

IMG_0287.JPG

So I read all that old stuff from 8 years ago before I got to your post. It's easier to start your own thread and saves us reading old stuff. Do you have a red tank?

New to forums good point and thanks for responding! No red tank or pressure gauge... Starting new thread..

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back