IDEAL ICOS HE24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to change my 16 year old gas boiler and have been recommended an IDEAL ICOS HE24 boiler. Would this boiler be adequate for a five bedroomed house? Can you also inform me if I would be able to have my water tank removed from my loft if I had this installed? I would be grateful for any information you can give me.

Sponsored Links
DON'T TOUCH IT WITH A BARGE POLE probably one of the worst boilers out there just read this forum and see how many times this crate along with its dodgy counterparts come up ideal icos/isar/evo same parts, same junk, same issues

tip no.2 find another installer as the one you have needs his head testing recommending this ****e

now thats what i like to see

an unbiased opinion
lol-045.gif

Sponsored Links
the usual boilers recommended on here include
broag, glowworm, worcester, remeha and vaillant
we fit the vaillant ecotecs and have had no trouble so far with them, fitted a few worcester in the past (but i hear the new ones are using a lot of plastic parts)
baxi again we haven't fitted any for years as a result of the Suprima PCB issues (was on BBC Watchdog because of the lies they told) so can't advise on them
looked at the main boilers the other day but again a Baxi company so have an inbuilt mistrust of them.

My mum has got one of these :( . Should i tell her to take out some insurance on it?

Incidentally I was using a boiler sizing wizard posted on here the other day that suggested she should have had a 15 K boiler. I wouldn't be surprised if I have done it wrong but what sort of difference/problems if any would this make?
Thanks.

I woundn't install any domestic IDEAL boiler there all CRAP.
just replaced PCB in my mam,s house and boiler only 3 year old.
Biggest load of ##### ever made. :(

ANY 24kw combi in a five bedder is asking for trouble.

A combi delivers heating OR hot-water. NOT both at the same time.

Five bedrooms suggests a lot of peak water demand, ie constant showers, or more than one hot tap being opened at a time. 8.5 litres of water at a usable temp may be OK in a small flat in summertime, but very questionable in Winter.

I would suggest (water pressure & flow-rate permitting - ask the next one that is giving you a quote) you look at an unvented cylinder and a 'regular heat-only' boiler.

DH

this would negate any need for a storage cistern n the roofspace too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back