icos system he24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know it’s been some time since I been on, but every time I come on the forum it’s always for an ideal.
I have just replaced a PCB on an icos system he24 it sorted the fault but the boiler pops as if ‘gases build up’ and then decided not to work a (fault come up F L).
I reset it and tried to start off again pump, fan ('c' was on the control but always flashing), I would like to think it was the FLAME SENSING ELECTRODE, does anyone have any other info, as it is costing me not the customer.

Hope someone can give me bit of guidance. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Would you describe the noise as a loud pulsation, which builds up over a few seconds before the boiler locks out? IF SO, CHECK THE FOLLOWING

CONDENSATE DRAIN & TRAP for blockages, the sump at the bottom of the boiler should not be full of water, as this will block the flue way

If This is OK, is the Burner Clean? is the Ignition gap correct ?

Gas Valve Could be faulty, (i've seen this a few times, but check point 1 & 2 first

If you are not a RGI, go to www.gassaferegister.co.uk to find a RGI in your area ;)

Thanks for the replay, the trap is clear and all clean after I servicing it.
As the customer had not had it serviced for some time, the only thing is I was getting continuity through the lead to the electrode, but sometimes not getting a reading through on the electrode on the burner side.

I just need a to pick someone brains (just one of them one it get to you a bit) trying to sort it

p.s yes I am 'gas safe reg'

Trade questions are far better asked in the Combustion Chamber part of the site where we can best advise you.

The question that comes to my mind is have you done an FGA test ?

Tony

Sponsored Links
hi tony, (long time)
it dose not get that far (when i left the customer house, pump+fan and 'c' on the display with the burner led flashing all the time) the fault reset after powering down.
regards tony.

There are quite a few possibilities!

This electrode(s), is this the ignition or the flame detection?

A small gap aill spark across on the ignition but the detection must be a low resistance from the lead to the tip.

The problem is that it may be ignition but not getting detected and locking out. Its such a pity they chose to save a couple of pounds and dispense with the viewing window! That could be an incorrect mixture or non continuity in the detection elelcrode or lead.

Tony

thanks tony , i am going around there at 5.00pm, phoned ideal today the girl did not have a clue.
but i'll let you know the score after i get to the customers house,
regards tony

;)

it cant be the flame sensing electrode if the boiler doesn't light

he said c was flashing,when he probably meant c was on the boiler with a flashing burner light

"c" is a central heating demand, I think?

What does a "flashing "c"" imply ?

I think, but may be wrong, that if the sensing electrode is shorted to chassis that the boiler will not try to light at all. Is that so?

Tony

if there was a flame the burner light would stay on,then it would go to lf if the flame detection electrode was faulty,you need the boiler to fire up before you can blame the flame sensor,the probable cause is a dodgy gas valve,blocked condense or spark ignition

Big thanks to you all,
I have sorted last night; I replaced the flame electrode and set all to the correct gaps (ECT) and its running fine,
But that day phoned ideal and they where struggling over the phone, but it work and a give thanks for letting me pick your brains,

Regards tony
;)

I've had 2 Isars that wouldn't attempt to fire at all because of faulty sensing electrodes.

I agree with Tony, that they seemed to have developed a short within themselves.

As soon as they were replaced, without doing anything else, the boilers jumped back into life ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back