is it the pump Icos HE24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just added new radiator to Ideal icos HE24 system. I bled rads to remove any air seemed OK
Worked fine for a day then stopped. I diagnosed it was the PCB had stopped so bought recon unit.
I now get L9 coming up on control panel after half an hour of running Central Heating. It has been suggested that it's an overheat problem caused by cheap ideal pump not working well enough.
It was also suggested I just change the head of the pump.

Question can I be sure it's the pump and is it possible to just buy and replace the head?

Appreciate help

Sponsored Links
I would never want to buy a repaired PCB!

Why did you think it was the PCB ?

The fact that the repaired PCB has not fixed the fault implies to me that it was not the PCB at fault anyway. Although I dont trust the dodgey PCB repairers and even the PCB may be at fault.

Did you bleed air from inside the boiler? Did you isolate the boiler before draining the system?

Ideal sell replacement pump heads. But thats likely to be another expensive part for you to replace rather than getting the problem correctly diagnosed!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back