Dead ICOS HE24 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Ideal ICOS HE24 boiler is showing nothing on the front panel (and not working.) There is no diagnostic information (O. c, L-F etc) in fact it looks as if there is no power getting there at all. I have tried the obvious and the main supply fuse is OK, I am getting 240 Volts at the input to the primary PCB and the 3,15 amp fuse on the primary PCB is also OK. I have also tested that the user switch on the front panel is making and breaking OK.

I have contacted the installer and he tells me that he is having a problem getting a new PCB as his supplier says that "there has been a run on them, and also the user PCB." I must admit I never thought of the user PCB as being a possible problem.

What further steps should I take to diagnose the true cause of the problem?

Sponsored Links
main pcb dead. and they got a run on them cos they crap is the pcb black or orange

The PCB has a black casing. I see in looking at spares suppliers' sites that the original PCB is replaced with one of a different part number. An improved version?

I also wondered why they are so expensive and why they are not repairable. They cost more than a small telly and that can often be repaired when it dies.

Sorry for the delay in reply. I could not access the forum last night.

Hi

I made the mistake of fitting one of these for my brother when it was first out. Had Ideal out under warranty due to 'backfiring'.
Recently had the same as above. BG replaced PCB. Looks like it was one of the first and there will be a shed load more.Quality boiler eh? :rolleyes:

Thanet

Sponsored Links
yep... more than likey pcb... did one on wednesday, blank display, 1 new board and back to normal.

for now.

just remember to check the fan wiring harness isnt damage or scorched as this may give the same result.

the orange pcb is the upgraded one it is marginly better at reliability

Thank,s all for the help. Looks like a new PCB was the right answer all he time. It also looks like I should use the BG "one price fix" service. If the installer I have contacted has not got the part yet, that is what I can do, as I am away for a while and unless he collects and installs the part tomorrow, he would not be able do it till I come back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back