ideal icos m3080 boiler showing fault coe L8

Possibly the same one I used to work for for 15 years until fed ip with the selling and targets constantly and moved away four years ago.
On the servicing subject how come so many burner bolts are suddenly being snapped now? If these were taken out every year on year then this would not happen or would have shown up earlier. Not just now when ideal have sent a directive to your company to remove burner on every visit to check. As I do on every service visit as a matter of manufacturers instructions.
"tinhat on"
LOL

Sponsored Links
I've had several burner bolts shear off, always the long ones at the back..

I was informed by the local Ideal engineer covering my area that it was a known fault as the wrong metal had been used for the bolts, or something along those lines.

He said to just call in the bolt shear and Ideal would come out and that it was ok to leave the boiler working with only 5 bolts holding the burner until they got there.

Strange, when I used to call them in, Ideal call center were adamant that there was no problem with the bolts shearing :rolleyes: :mad:

thats the answer idealnumber1 didnt have the balls to post.[/quote]

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Sponsored Links
Possibly the same one I used to work for for 15 years until fed ip with the selling and targets constantly and moved away four years ago.
On the servicing subject how come so many burner bolts are suddenly being snapped now? If these were taken out every year on year then this would not happen or would have shown up earlier. Not just now when ideal have sent a directive to your company to remove burner on every visit to check. As I do on every service visit as a matter of manufacturers instructions.
"tinhat on"
LOL

meh, selling and performance targets are hardly a major issue. i find the weaker engineers to be the ones concerned with this nonsense. everyone else just gets on with it.

sorry to disappoint but ive been snapping burner bolts on these turds since day one. dont just assume that they are only snapping now because not ideal have now graciously decided to repair FOC any that have. ive forgotten the amount of h/e's ive had to replace for this problem before not ideal acknowledged to the outside world there even was a problem.

Funny how we are getting loads now?!?!
I did a training course recently at the Bg training centre in Glasgow and one engineer was gicing it big licks about how the boilers are p!sh and bad design etc and not down to servicing. I handed him the screwdriver and grips and asked him to remove the fan and burner to get into it. he replied "I dont know Ive never done that we only telegan it and visually inspect outside of hex"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ps I wasnt a weaker engineer i just wanted to do my job (that i am bloody good at ) without all the other p!sh BG made you do or hit you with

Funny how we are getting loads now?!?!

so you say, not much changed on that front round here. ill take your word for it however as im pretty sure not all engineers, and that includes independants, are as consciencious as me when it comes to servicing.

I did a training course recently at the Bg training centre in Glasgow and one engineer was gicing it big licks about how the boilers are p!sh and bad design etc and not down to servicing. I handed him the screwdriver and grips and asked him to remove the fan and burner to get into it. he replied "I dont know Ive never done that we only telegan it and visually inspect outside of hex"

and if you had handed them to me or anyone on my patch they would have done it with their eyes closed. i hope you showed him up for the areshole he is.

servicing aside it is a badly designed boiler and i would have told you that if you had been harping on at how good it is. probably would have kept my mouth shut if you were being realistic about it though.

bet the bolts sheared when you removed them though :LOL:

Ps I wasnt a weaker engineer i just wanted to do my job (that i am b****y good at ) without all the other p!sh BG made you do or hit you with

i didnt mean to specifically say you were a weaker engineer or bad at your job, i just notice that the majority who panic about these targets are the ones who could do with a slightly more cynical outlook towards working for BG.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back