Ideal Icos System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Im having problems with my 3 year old condensing heating system. I have no central heating but do have hot water. When I turn the central heating on via the wall mounted control panel, the boiler displays a 0. According to the ideal website, the fault is not with the boiler. I have replaced the wall thermostat and cleaned the S trap so far but the fault remains. My other thoughts were towards the motorised zone valve.
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
0 means the boiler is NOT getting a signal to fire so it is defo and external control issue and as you have hot water i think you are bang on re the valve (it also rules out the boiler again dont it, unless you have turned on an immersion how is your water getting hot?)

:)

Thanks for the quick response. I havnt turned the immersion heater on. I have also swapped the wall mounted control box with a neighbours, with no effect. But I have since switched the central heating zone valve to manual and turned the heating on, and it still did not work.

well putting it into manual work wont help with your break down, you'll need to change the syncron motor or the head

Sponsored Links
I would say you need a new valve head. Sounds like the microswitch that activates the CH has broken. A very common fault and very easy to fix/swap.

Thanks for the help!!!
Changed the zone valve head and the heating now works!!!
Seems like the old head wasnt making the connection to the microswitch.
Cheers again!

Thanks for the help!!!
Changed the zone valve head and the heating now works!!!
Seems like the old head wasnt making the connection to the microswitch.
Cheers again!

what do you mean "seems" me and dave told you what it was "seems" my harris

;)

No tip there then lads :evil:

"seems" like the OP didnt really need our advice "seems" he just came to his conclusion all by him self it "seems"

Well am going to give dave a pat on the back Welldone dave

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back