Ideal icos - zilch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Hoping someone can give some advise with a non-functioning Ideal Icos boiler...

We switched the boiler on to provide heating for the first time in a while today; it has been off since April since we only use it for heating and rarely if ever run it for hot water.

The problem is, the boiler does absolutely nothing when switched on. No lights on the display, no noises... nothing. Switching the boiler off/on via its own switch or the wall switch do not change this. Nor does the "reset" button.

The manual says that if switched on but a '0' does not appear on the boiler, then it is not a boiler fault - but I'm not sure what that means it could be.

More details: the separate control box switches on normally and its "heating" light comes on. The thermostat light is on. The fused switch which the boiler & controller seems fine (its light comes on) do I don't think its the fuse there.

Any suggestions what to check? Could there be another fuse somewhere (perhaps inside the unit or hidden where I don't see it?)

At least its only September :)

Thanks,
David

Sponsored Links
99% of the time it is the famous and reliable Ideal pcb that has blown :mad:

I can never work out why Ideal has never been taken to task by the likes of watchdog like Potterton were over the Suprima pcb's :confused:

I remember the Potterton story on Watchdog. Now, forgive me for being cynical, but aren't Ideal based in Hull, and who was the former M.P for that constituency? Maybe just a coincidence though....

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, for your replies.

I assume that since this is an internal part of the boiler, even it it were only the fuse, that this work would need to be done by someone correctly registered?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back