Ideal isar combi boiler failure to do anything (no lights)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I have an Ideal isar M30100 combi boiler that has up to this morning been functioning perfectly. This morning the timer switch, an electronic Lifestyle LP111, was showing that the heating was on but the rads were cold and the power light on the boiler shows as on but this is the only indicator light there are no identifcation lights on the boiler.
No hot water available either.
I have tried the the re-light procedure in the manual but this has had no results.
I have tried calling the letting agents as it is a private rented flat but hold out little hope of getting a response on NYE.
I'm without heating or hot water, any advise will be much appriciated.

Thanks in advance
Gairs

Sponsored Links
The display panel should show a fault code e.g L.F use your instructions to fault find, these boilers suffer from pcb, condense trap, ignition faults.

pcb retail price is £270

If you cant contact your landlord to pay get someone out then deduct the cost from the rent

Nothing on the display panel so looks like engineer time!

Thanks for your help, most appreciated.

Have a good new year

Sponsored Links
The pcb has a fuse in it is a 3.15 quick blow fuse, fitted at the rear r/h side, may be worth repacing but the fans tend to blow the fuses when they go faulty.

If you call out any engineers bear in mind they may not have the spares, min spares would be new pcb, ignition elec, pump. may have to order other spares eg fan gas valve .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back