ideal isar diverter valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, had 3 of these this week with rads constantly heating due to sticking diverter valve bodies, all 3 were with wilo head (plastic cartridge)
has anyone tried just cleaning these and lubing ??

really cant see why they stick so easy and never actually tried just lubing and cleaning but removed a sticking one today and applied wd40 spray and then some silicone grease over it and it sprung back and forth like a new cartridge, never put it back in the boiler as its had a few visits to repair and didnt want the customer unhappy but after having a good look at it, there is nowt reall inside them ad wondered if cleaning was just as effective ??

Does anyone clean these or do you all just replace ??

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
Ridiculously common on Isars. I always replace ;)

totally agree poor design and so common on these boilers, these things eat diverter valves and pcb's and it aint cheap to fix them..
looking at the mechanics of the valves, very cheap made and little in them, replaced every one so far but after looking inside and spraying and lubing it made me think there just as much chance a new one sticking too..

hard to believe the same manufacturer who made this junk made the trustly classic !

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
What is the state of the water in the system?

to be honest mate 2 of the 3 water was very clear !

oh and scatmanjohn 3 in a week I meant, but thanks for your valuable input !

blimey

I have had to change loads as well but to be honest they have all been on sludgy systems

Does anyone clean these or do you all just replace ??

I read this post a couple of years ago as I was about to buy my second replacement valve.

Instead, I tried cleaning it. I couldn't get it to run freely so I dropped it into some descaler for half an hour.

The boiler is kept serviced and topped up with Sentinel. The water coming out of the drain was lovely and clean but still the valve crudded up.

I reckon 2 years out of a cleaned valve is about as long as I'd get out of a replacement. So 2 replacements saved what's that £50 I haven't spent on parts?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back