Ideal isar / evo he lf then hf fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Firstly I know how crap these things are, tell me about it iv had in for 4years now and is my rental property.
It was showing LF error, so cleaned the flame detection electrode & ignition electrode.powered up the boiler and now displaying HF which in the manual is the same problem.i also cleaned the condensate trap and noticed there is still a fair amount of water in the condensate tray, it looks like it has to reach a high level before it will finds its way down the condensate pipe.
It says to dissconect flame detection electrode and test the continuity on the 2 pins, continuity = pcb is fine and electrode is faulty,no continuity = pcb is faulty. By now I'm fed up with the thing and test the continuity on the pins of ignition and no continuity so thought pcb is duff,so fitted my spare pcb and same thing happened.now I'm home and read the manual again it looks like iv tested the the wrong pins,but the flame electrode only has the the one black wire and then an earth wire going back to the pcb so I take it these are defo the pins I need to test.
Can someone explain to me the sequence theses electrodes work, as when I turned boiler on and demand heat I have no power going to the ignition electrode. Should there be power to that first then the flame detector electrode or the other way round.
I'm hoping it's just going to be a duff flame electrode, it can't be the board as iv fitted the spare one that's been sitting in the cupboard for 3 years but I know how ****e these boards are.its go to the stage where I don't won't to waste another £ on it. What do u think gents. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I take it you are a RGI?

No, so does that mean I'm breaking the law? I thought that as I'm the home owner and also not interrupting the gas circuit I'm not committing an offence, even tho I have it annually serviced I wouldn't want to put anyone at risk,so looks like I'm wrong and will have to get gas engineer?

Sponsored Links
Update
A gri came round, fitted new flame & spark probe and now all works.
I asked him if I was breaking the law, he said if no money was exchanged then technically no,but as it's a rental it might be different.can anyone clarify what the law is.i don't mind changing thermistors or pcb which I have done in the pass on it,but I don't think its worth breaking the law for if this is the case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back