BAXI combi 105 HE flame failure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a 3 year old Baxi 105HE.

Shortly after installation the the boiler would go through the ignition process and light then the the boiler would not sense the flame, shut down and the flame failure light would come on.

I replaced the flame sensing electrode which made no difference so tried a new PCB but that didnt work either finally the 4th flame sensing electrode I purchased worked. It seems mad having to buy multiple electrodes to find one that works.

It has been fine for about a year now. It now has the same flame failure problem however the boiler lights on the hot water and works fine. But on the central heating the yellow ignition led lights for a split second then the boiler shuts down. I thought this could be a temerature sensor but does anyone have any thoughts?

Also has anyone else experienced the problems with getting the sensing electrodes to detect the flame?

Sponsored Links
No, I haven't.

When was the boiler last serviced?

I have had lots of this type of problem due to the max/min burner pressure going a long way out of adjustment.

As the DHW works ok, but not the CH, it points to this, so I would suggest you get a good RGI to service and set it up properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back