ideal isar fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have an isar he24 and it has worked fine for 2 years however it has developed a fault as it does hot water ok but wont do heating , im scratching my head as there is no fault code ?? display just says 0 , can anyone help ??

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What do you have that controls your heating? A timer beside the boiler? A room thermostat?

Turn off power remove wires from L1 and L2 on five pin plug put a link in between L1/L2 boiler should come on for ch. This will prove external controls faulty.

As you say Sham, but also worth mention check for dripping tap. Or isolate cold feed under boiler, does it now come on for heating? Find drip or leak on hot water.

As you say Sham, but also worth mention check for dripping tap. Or isolate cold feed under boiler, does it now come on for heating? Find drip or leak on hot water.

you would have d on the control panel if this was the problem

there is not a room stat or programmer connected to the boiler , it is just controlled by the dials on the boiler itself , i have changed the control panel and the lead from the control panel to the pcb , and ive now changed the pcb too , exactly the same tho , display reads 0 , hot water is fine but still no heating ... i feel a baxi coming on !!!!

Do as Shambolic said earlier on,the boiler sends 240v out through L1,if it gets it back through L2 (or might be the other way round) it fires.As you have no controls fitted,i would check the loop of cable fitted between L1/L2 hasnt come loose.

i have changed the control panel and the lead from the control panel to the pcb , and ive now changed the pcb too , exactly the same tho , display reads 0 , hot water is fine but still no heating ... i feel a baxi coming on !!!![/quote]

were has anyone told you to change the three parts you have changed???

were has anyone told you to change the three parts you have changed???
OP obviously knows better than you Ideal chaps :evil:

classic case of someone just changing parts without knowing what they are doing,or how to do basic tests.
Why hasnt it got a programmer or any other controls fitted?when was the boiler fitted? and by who?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back