Ideal Isar HE24-Water Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Leak in that area should be fixed pronto it might take out your display board
Might be worthwhile getting a full service on the boiler at the same time
If this is done, you are likely to continue to get good service from this boiler that most hate

I would turn it off if I was you because it could cost you more money, hopefully it's only from the AAV ,hopefully :)

Any idea where leak coming from...
Since it only when the central heating is ON, the boiler does lose pressure too.

Sponsored Links
It does.

But considering where the leak is emanating from this is a job for a professional anyway. As advised - turn it off before the schitbox self destructs.

New hex required probably. Condensate leak and probably a an Expansion vessel on top.
Beyond economical repair skip it and get a new boiler.

Any idea where leak coming from...
Since it only when the central heating is ON, the boiler does lose pressure too.
New hex required probably. Condensate leak and probably a an Expansion vessel on top.
Beyond economical repair skip it and get a new boiler.
PCB purple lead also has sign of water damage if left will take out PCB and user control too ( another £300 of part)
think you've been given the best advice here ;)

Thank you for your advice everyone , gona open it up tomorrow morning; just gona have a look:notworthy:

Adam, I though for a minute the top engineer had changed his name:)

Big red bus, while have not done that repair, can visualise what will be involved. Not for the faint hearted or someone who does nor repair boilers. Shambolic advice is pure gold here. If that was my boiler, I would repair it, but than I cannot charge myself for effecting a repair:whistle:

I have no intention to repair it myself..."just had a look" is it worth getting it repaired and how much am i looking at or is it wise to get the whole boiler replaced

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back