Ideal Isar HE30 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have the Ideal DH30 Isar combi heater.
I am having a problem with it recognising the thermostat for the central heating. It is staying in ‘c’ mode all the time. The display reads ‘c’ and the boiler light is not flashing, although before resetting it was flashing.

The shared/loose valves are facing outwards and I haven’t touched these at all

The thermostat we have is Drayton
Digistat RF2 – wireless
This appears to be ok, it shows all the displays so it’s not a battery problem.

At the boiler we have the Drayton pad/display. It is showing the following:
Heating On: green light is on.
Receive ‘Alarm’: red light is on.
The green light comes on when I press the override 2 button.

A few days ago, a hot water tap was left to drip and into locked out the DHW mode, so all was reset at this time and perhaps this is when the problems started??

The water pressure is at 4 – has been around 2 earlier today. Maybe my 'resetting' it has caused another problem??
So I’ve just turned everything off – fearing that it might explode on me!! letting it all cool down and will see what happens.

I have read the manual and searched the forums but no specific answers to this problem? I know I won’t be replacing this boiler with Ideal when the time comes.
We did have to replace the PCB about 6 months ago.

Any help really appreciated – I don’t want an enormous heating bill and will have to turn off CH manually until this problem is sorted (at least it is better than none at all!!). I also have really hot radiators and don't want young children to burn themselves on it. When I turn the CH thermostat knob lower, the boiler switches off/begins flashing.

Help, I really don't know what to do next?

Sponsored Links
Sounds more likely to be the awful Drayton stat that is your problem.

If the red light is on then there is a fault with it.

Get this sorted, or replaced then see how your boiler goes.

If 'c' is displayed then the boiler must be getting a call for heat from the stat.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back