Ideal Isar HE30

you can't help yourself can you?you must have some issue's with ideal?,grow up and get over it,if you knew anything the exchanger would take up to 25 years until the corrosion affected it

If you stopped believing the propaganda that head office feeds you about how good the boilers are and everything is an installer fault, then perhaps you could look at things in a better perspective.

Where does all the aluminimum oxide sludge come from then, if not the HE?

Yes I have got a problem with Ideal. They conned me into fitting loads of Isars/Icos boilers, then after about 4 years they need new HE's, apart from all the other costly problems that are associated with them.

Head off call centre is carp, they are all, except Dave Kemp and techy, apparently programmed to say it's the installers fault and .thats not under warranty' :eek:

The only ones I do not have a problem with are you engineers in the field. Apart from two, one from the London area who had to cover my area for a short while and one who has since been sacked, they have all been very good.

There has been a quite a high turn over of staff so they must get fed up with the hassle of working for Ideal :eek:

Sponsored Links
the one's warmsure go to are fitted under the warm front scheme so getting them fixed is free to the customers,my job is to fix boilers so i'm glad ALL boilers breakdown otherwise i'd be out of a job,but constantly moaning about a boiler which has made you a lot of money in the past doesn't make sense to me but then again charging £310 to fix a pcb,rogue traders here you come

the one's warmsure go to are fitted under the warm front scheme so getting them fixed is free to the customers,my job is to fix boilers so i'm glad ALL boilers breakdown otherwise i'd be out of a job,but constantly moaning about a boiler which has made you a lot of money in the past doesn't make sense to me but then again charging £310 to fix a pcb,rogue traders here you come

not true - they go to paying customers too. My parents went to Ideal(Warmsure) because they thought they would be getting experts on the boilers. Contract taken out September, still have no resolution or full refund. Additional costs incurred on their advice.

Agree with gas4you's comment about them blaming installer fault. They said 3 engineers had said installation problem which was a lie - not one of the 4 engineers that visited mentioned that. It just seems to be that having made a few visits they try and wriggle out of obligations.

warmsure get there money from ideal or eaga,they do not quote customers for anything except for £12 a month insurance

Sponsored Links
but then again charging £310 to fix a pcb,rogue traders here you come

You are out of touch I think.

Retail on the board is about £203, attendance to fit £60, all pus VAT = £310.

Bit less now with the 15% rate.

As long as I charge prices quoted by parts suppliers I have a clear conscience.

We are not fortunate enough to get the pcb free with cornflakes as Ideal obviously do looking at the quality and reliability of them.

When I attended the factory for my training, albeit when the M series first came out, the chap at the factory said the most expensive pcb that left the factory cost Ideal £15 :rolleyes:

warmsure get there money from ideal or eaga,they do not quote customers for anything except for £12 a month insurance

You are indeed out of touch.

Phone Ideal for a boiler fix and you get referred to Warmsure. Parents were charged £299 which breaks down to £210 for fix (still waiting for) and £89 for yearly policy. I think they they were only given the £299 as an option.

Policy administered by Homeserve which makes communication/complaints even worse as one says you need to refer to the other. i.e pass the buck

Sorry if gone off original topic slightly.

Good luck to original poster, hope you post follow up.

fssahm";p="1114183 said:

You are indeed out of touch.

Phone Ideal for a boiler fix and you get referred to Warmsure. Parents were charged £299 which breaks down to £210 for fix (still waiting for) and £89 for yearly policy. I think they they were only given the £299 as an option.

Policy administered by Homeserve which makes communication/complaints even worse as one says you need to refer to the other. i.e pass the buck

out of touch? doubt it
every job completed by warmsure has futher information screen on the cog which determines who get's the bill
eaga for service/repair,replace or full system
ideal for ideal cover service or ideal cover breakdown
wtrawarm(eaga again)service/breakdown

Whilst we are on the subject of Ideal... They still owe me £20 for taking the time to complete an installer survey on the phone... The Bint on the phone said that I would be sent a cheque...... Not holding my breath.

Another reason why us independents are more expensive is because most, like me, offer a full 12 months parts and labour warranty on our repairs/replacement parts, unlike Ideal repairs that only give a 30 day warranty. (straight from the area service managers mouth ;) )

Says a lot for their confidence in their products :rolleyes:

Whilst we are on the subject of Ideal... They still owe me £20 for taking the time to complete an installer survey on the phone... The Bint on the phone said that I would be sent a cheque...... Not holding my breath.

They still owe me £60 for the replacing of the flue gas analyser test point replacements on the Mini series that we were promised.

Full of sh i t e as usual :mad:

I've gave up about the slagging ideal get on here. The water in the combustion chamber will go down impulse pipe into gvl. Also that photo is of an M series not an HE. Most problems down to inadequate servicing as I have said many a time. Been to loads that are chock full when you take the sump cover off.

shambolic and idealman I can see you are trying to defend your employer but really!? :eek:

Ideal have been making the worst boilers for years now (minimiser, response, isar, icos, mini (biasi), wake up and smell the coffee ffs.

the only way Ideal can shift their crap is to fit them for free under goverment funded schemes (warmfront) and large builders who just want the cheapest option in bulk.

No engineer with a brain would fit an Ideal boiler if they had a choice! :eek:

Have you looked at any other boilers or are you totally blinkered to the world outside of Hull?

I've gave up about the slagging ideal get on here. The water in the combustion chamber will go down impulse pipe into gvl. Also that photo is of an M series not an HE. Most problems down to inadequate servicing as I have said many a time. Been to loads that are chock full when you take the sump cover off.

I suppose all the Ideal haters are wrong are they? :rolleyes:
Can you not see that you are biased as an employee of Ideal?

I have to disagree that lack of correct servicing is the issue, terrible boiler design is far more accurate.

I have worked on all makes of boilers. I just find the constant drivel and tiresome put downs on here are getting a bit monotonous. When someone comes on for advice give factual advice not your own pre conceived ideas of the boiler FACTS people not emotions would be good in the future!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ideal have been making the worst boilers for years now (minimiser, response, isar, icos, mini (biasi), wake up and smell the coffee ffs.

the only way Ideal can shift their crap is to fit them for free under goverment funded schemes (warmfront) and large builders who just want the cheapest option in bulk.

No engineer with a brain would fit an Ideal boiler if they had a choice! :eek:

which bit isn't fact? :confused: I'm confused

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back