ideal isar he30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.

I don't know if anybody out there can help me but here goes.

I have had problems with the mentioned eyesore he 30 since moving into my house 3 years ago. The Radiators in the house are fine and nice and hot. The mains hot water is another thing entirely. We have to have the dial on maximum heat but this makes little difference now. You have to turn the resistance down on the tap and have water dribbling out to get any sort of steady temperature. Then it gets scalding so you turn tap on full or normal resistance and then all the hot water that was waiting is piping hot but then goes to cool again. It seems to fluctuate between hot cold but the hot now is not that hot.

I have cleaned the radiators out and placed fernox in the system over a week and cleaned. Then placed the fernox inhibitor in the system . It seemed to do the trick for a while but now has gone back to being poor again.

Phew..........

Any suggestions?

Kindest regards

Patrick.

Sponsored Links
yep,pablo's right, hot water heat exchanger. you need it cleaned/replaced and heating filter fitted so it doesn't happen agin.

Thanks very much the both of you.
Is this somthing I can fit or do you have to have a registered boiler fitter to do it as it involves the gas side of things. If it is somthing I can try then how easy is it to do, roughly how long does it take and how expensive are the parts.

Many thanks again fellas

Sponsored Links
In theory it is something you can do yourself as it does not involve the gas side only water,however,its very easy on these boilers,to get water where you dont want it,pcb,electrics etc,so,unless you really know what you are doing it would be better left to a pro.

yeh, i wouldn't advise doing this yourself either. A plate heat exchanger can be anything from £100 to £200 plus labour.

OP the plate can be descaled fairly easily with the right equipment and an inline filter fitted to the return is again simple to fit
we charge £125 to do the 2 jobs, we are based in Southampton and cover a 30 mile radius

Thanks very much for your input. I have purchease and new DHW heat exchanger today and will have a go at fitting it on the Friday.
I will re post after I
a, blow the house up
b, manage to have a hot shower for the first time without havin to hold my testicles for fear of them dissapearing inside due to the freezing conditions.

Thanks again.

Pat.

Take the diverter cartrige out when draining as it help get most of the water out.

Make sure you see which way the plate was installed as its different at each of the ends, if there is writing on it it normally faces towards you.

If you boiler is low level and you dont want to drain the rads use a 6mm spanner to turn the isolation valves as sometimes its hard to use a slotted screwdriver or grips.

You should really get a RGE to do it as he can then commission your boiler correctly.

JJ

You should really get a RGE to do it as he can then commission your boiler correctly.

JJ

Why? Nothing the OP is doing will affect combustion.

Good luck OP, unplug the multipin connector and get that out of the way before you start and cover the PCB.

The HE30 is a bit tight on space. Mind your fingers on the sides of the plate too as they are often sharp.

JJ

Why? Nothing the OP is doing will affect combustion.

Good luck OP, unplug the multipin connector and get that out of the way before you start and cover the PCB.

The HE30 is a bit tight on space. Mind your fingers on the sides of the plate too as they are often sharp.

So how would he know if it is running as it should once hes fitted the PHX, yes he can turn on his tap and test by hand but he will not be sure.

What if something goes wrong how will he know what to do.

I understand what you are saying but when working on something that can be lethal to him i would always recommend the correct way :)

JJ

Just like to say a big thankyou to all the post I had with relation to the piece of junk of a boiler I have in my house. As of tooday I have installed the new heat exchanger (DHW) and fired it up after re pressurising the system and everything in now fine.

Thank you all for your posts, I really apreciate them all.

Thanks again.

regards

Patrick

Hello again Pablo

I had a little amount of swearing when i went to fit the new heat exchanger on the systey. It did not seem to sit properly on the left hand side and was ever so slightly raised. I think this was dure to the fact that I have an aftermarket heat exchanger rather than a genuine part and there was about 2mm difference in the overall size of the heat exchanger and was a little snug. Got there in the end though and had no leaks. After waiting an hour with the boiler working I replaced the front and underside panels and went to have a nice hot shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back