ideal isar ...pressure too low, how do i???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok having had discussion with friend about upstairs rads not getting warm, have checked pressure guage and it reads 0.5, i know it should be 1-1.5 bar, they said there should be a black tap under dial.......alas there is no tap....can i increase pressure myself?, and if i can, how?

Sponsored Links
Do you have a flexible hose on the pipework under the boiler with 1 or 2 isolation valves connected? this is the filling loop fill it to 1bar cold.

HTH

ok i have a flexi pipe in my hand. not connected to anything, ive looked up on here where to fit it but im confused as my flexi has no taps/valves on either end, just like screwing collars???? ive looked at my pipework and there are two pipes next to each other with black tap/valves on them but they seem to have erm i dont know how to explain, like big nuts that will stop my flexi collars connecting to the pipes??????

They could be cap nuts sometimes fitted when valves dont shut off fully.
NB. Don't add water while or just after the boiler as been running allow it to cool a bit.

Sponsored Links
Increasing the pressure wont make the radiators any warmer. You need to establish if the radiator is the same temperature at top and bottom.
If hotter at bottom then its due to air at the top and it will need bleeding. Bleeding will make the pressure drop, so find out how to increase pressure beforehand.
If radiator is same temperature at top and bottom, then its a matter of controlling the flow. The flow is controlled by adjustment of the lockshield valve on opposite end to on/off valve or trv.
When increasing the pressure it would be wise to go only to 1bar. The pressure increases as the water gets hotter and should go to about 2bar.
There is a possibility if you start with a higher pressure there's a chance it may reach 3bar which opens the PRV, so it pays to avoid this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back