Water leaking from boiler??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just noticed water leaking from my Ideal Isar boiler, dripping from the bottom of the fascia cover, and the pressure gauge is reading 2.5 bar.

The other day I noticed the pressure was reading well under 1 bar, so I turned the tap to increase it to 1.5 bar.

Should the pressure be as high as 2.5 bar?

How can I reduce it?

Luckily I have an Ideal repair cover policy, if needed.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Luckily I have an Ideal repair cover policy, if needed.

oh don't worry you will
lol-045.gif

bleed a rad to drop the pressure :idea:

2.5 is a bit high - about 1 to 1.5 is normally adequate.

Initially try bleeding the radiators to let any air out - this will reduce the pressure a bit if there are any gases to escape. After that, look for a drain-off valve on a radiator on the ground floor somewhere to allow excess water to be drained off.

Shouldn't be dripping though. May be worth trying to identify where water is coming from and tweaking any associated nut, as a first course of action.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Ive bleeded a rad and the pressure has dropped to 1.5 bar. Dont know why I didnt think of that!

Ive removed the front cover and water has collected in the bottom. Cant find the source of the leak without removing internal components, which I dont want to do.

Hope this will solve it.

Do you think the high pressure and the leak are related?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick replies.

Ive bleeded a rad and the pressure has dropped to 1.5 bar. Dont know why I didnt think of that!

Ive removed the front cover and water has collected in the bottom. Cant find the source of the leak without removing internal components, which I dont want to do.

Hope this will solve it.

Do you think the high pressure and the leak are related?
Probably. May well hold indefinitely, but worth getting the boiler serviced at some time and getting them to check, as it won't fix itself. Last thing you need is for it to give way now it's getting increasingly colder.

get the leaked fixed before it gets worse or before the water blows something electrical inside the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back