Ideal Logic 35

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ideal Logic 35 that has to be topped up every day as the pressure is dropping & it eventually comes up F1 error code. I have also noticed that the diverter valve head keeps clicking on and off when the heating gets up to temp. and the boiler shuts down. Could this be the cause of the loss of pressure.Could the diverter valve body be faulty. Or is the pressure switch actuating because there is a leak ( perhaps in the heat exchanger) and operating the diverter valve. The leak is definitely somewhere in the boiler as it loses pressure even with the flow & return isolated and the boiler switched off.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If there is a leak within the boiler you should see evidence of it ,unless it is the heat exchanger where the water would escape via the condensate pipework and you wouldn't see that .

Reactions: CBW
Yes that was what I thought, but I was hoping that there might be a possibility it might be a less expensive job.I also believe it might be the PRV or expansion vessel that's leaking but have not investigated that yet and was just exploring the things that were evident.

Sponsored Links
Good news, leak is, as jurassic sparks suggests, leaking PRV. The diverter valve clicking appears to be because the pressure goes low but not low enough to create error code F1

• Thanks
Good news, leak is, as jurassic sparks suggests, leaking PRV. The diverter valve clicking appears to be because the pressure goes low but not low enough to create error code F1
Get someone in to look at the expansion vessel.
you can check your Expansion vessel with the water pressure at zero, you should have an air charge of 1-00Bar in the vessel (it has a schraeder valve fitted and can be pumped with a foot pump or similar
P.S. the charge in the vessel SHOULD be checked annually when the boiler is serviced -I wonder how many bonus paid homeserve types have time to actually do this!!

Get someone in to look at the expansion vessel.
you can check your Expansion vessel with the water pressure at zero, you should have an air charge of 1-00Bar in the vessel (it has a schraeder valve fitted and can be pumped with a foot pump or similar
P.S. the charge in the vessel SHOULD be checked annually when the boiler is serviced -I wonder how many bonus paid homeserve types have time to actually do this!!
Could that be another reason for the symptoms that are both happening. Parts have been ordered but no mention of expansion vessel. I use a local heating engineer but not sure about his experience with Ideal boilers although he seems to know what he is talking about.

Could that be another reason for the symptoms that are both happening. Parts have been ordered but no mention of expansion vessel. I use a local heating engineer but not sure about his experience with Ideal boilers although he seems to know what he is talking about.
Expansion vessels usually need pumping back up with air

Just thought I would look some more while waiting for parts and engineer to arrive next week because the clicking noise is getting irritating . Turned off the boiler at selector switch not main switch. Left to shut down completely. Boiler pressure gauge reading 1.0 but diverter valve head motor running continually then clicking every few seconds stopped after a couple of minutes. Thought I would test pressure in expansion vessel. Took off cap & fitted pressure gauge that showed around 1 bar. Removed gauge connector and a little water squirted out as though the vessel had a fair bit of water in it. Do these things indicate perhaps another problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back