ideal logic dwh no ch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys long time since i dun may acs but ive got a problem with my boiler its ideal logic 30.

due to warm weather qweve not been using our boiler which is understandable, today i put the boiler on and no ch hot water works fine, thinking its a bread and butter job diverter valve this was changed with a new actuator and diverter, still got dhw but still no ch. the next thing i suppose by manual is pcb. im not sure.

there is gas, fan runs no ignition to ch
spark generator input 10+ volts ac input output is 3v.
thermostate battery operatated 3v low voltage connection to boiler been there since installation
boiler input 240v

diverter kacked up on dhw cleaned and refitted with new parts

is the spark generator output sufficient?
on dhw burner lights so its has an output, why doesnt it light on ch and it is indicated on display with blue light next to hot water indicator.
on ch there is no change from its power on indicator, it does not go to c and blue burner light does not emit.

the boiler is at the same problem as when it forst broke down it has not got worse but is definatly aint fixed.

has anyone come accross this problem and what is the likely cause

cheers
terry

Sponsored Links
Have you checked for 240V on the SwL from external controls and
(discreet cough) RHS control knob on the boiler fascia not in the vertical position?

Reactions: CBW
3v seems low for the thermostat unless it's open therm? What voltage is the switching supposed to be?

If the boiler runs happily on DHW, then I'd be bridging out room stat/programmer to eliminate that.
The fault clearly has nothing to do with spark gen.

Sponsored Links
hi guys c is being selected by boiler with thermostate on ch on mode ive left the actuator of the diverter and manually pressed in the pin and held it open this made no affect on the running of the boiler on c mode basically its like the signals are correct but no ch out put, i took the diverter apart today to double check the cartridge is free moving with spring resistance to reurn under normal pressure.
the working are exact and this video but i made sure anyway as we all can make mistakes
im confident its not a diverter issue, could it be a pump issue as that doesnt sound like its running but it wont if the boiler isnt accepting demand for it to run, pcb accepts ch mode but burner does not ignite spark generator has input and out put control nobs work as they should as c is displayed a new fault has arisen but clears by itself and thats the fan which is running on start up only 03 is displayed for nano seconds and cleared again doesnt happen on reset, the thermostate as already covered is giving voltage 3v under diagram d for low voltage thermostate i presume the boiler accepts this as it does go into c mode when demand is made.

........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI970Uos9NQ take the dots out cut and paste as link not working

problem solved guy electrical issue, i took the thermostate wiring out of the boiler and refitted its loop wire when the wire made contact it turned the ch on touched it again and it turned off again took the loop out again and left boiler on hw only until i can get a thermostate.

thanks for all your help guys its appreciated

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back