Ideal Logic Heat 15 standard condensing not a combi - Intermittent F2 / L2

Tony, I am surprised the Hull team did not twig they were in presence of a top engineer
Had they realised, boiler would have worked at minimum power too(y)

Sponsored Links
Perhaps he could have shown the how to improve the turndown ratio? After all, it's a premix burner. Imagine what he could achieve with that when he gets 10:1 on an atmospheric?

I shudder to think what he could do on a Biasi with a recoupe unit!! The man's a genius, with or without his Oyster Card & ohsilly-ascope!!

I think that Ideal are the only manufacturer who don't want RGIs to adjust their gas valves. Presumably thinking some don't know what they are doing?
You being one of them.

I had a similar problem on an early Isar and asked for permission to adjust it.

Tony
Asked for permission??
I've tweeked many of these gas valves.
Why ask for permission?.why not go ahead and adjust it?
The factory setting for these valves are not suitable for every application...THE VALVES REQUIRE ADJUSTMENTS PERIOD.

Sponsored Links
They did the tweak and vowed to have the auto test at the factory changed. Apparently it only tested it on full power and "that it modulated". But not that it stayed alight at min power!
Do Vaillant know that you are now working for Ideal?

and sent their design team engineer as well as some kind of regional engineer.

They did the tweak and vowed to have the auto test at the factory changed. Apparently it only tested it on full power and "that it modulated". But not that it stayed alight at min power!

Tony
The mere mention of your name to a manufacturer seems to reward you with preferential treatment.
I guess that's the perk when you're a top 100 gas engineer.
It would certainly be an honour to spend some time with you.

I had a similar problem on an early Isar and asked for permission to adjust it but they would not agree and sent their design team engineer as well as some kind of regional engineer.
why did they decide to send their design engineer to your job o_O

They did the tweak and vowed to have the auto test at the factory changed
why would they vow to have an auto test just because of one/your problematic gas valve ? o_O

Just had the L2 show up on my ideal Combi 30
Problem dead bumble bee blocking condensation box
Unbelievable
Plenty of gurgling from boiler no buzzing
Now running fine
BFC9F376-E79A-4DF7-B5DE-4A494B4F2074.jpeg

It seems you are a victim of what I call a 'car mechanic' repair, that is 'keep replacing things until it works again'. Usually only one item fails at any time, the skill is to find and cure that fault to get the boiler working again, beyond that it may be advisable to replace worn or substandard parts to bring performance back to an acceptable level. I agree with Muggles, at this stage, and to avoid protracted expense, call Ideal to arrange a proper diagnosis and repair.
An important part of fault diagnosis is to isolate the opinion from the fact, so please answer the following questions:-

1. Does the boiler fire each time it calls for heat? How do you know it has fired?
2. Does the 'c' symbol appear in the display when heating is called for and the room thermostat is turned up high?
3. Does the blue light illuminate seconds after the ignition process starts?
4. Does the blue light stay on?
5. Do all the radiators get hot before the boiler shuts the flame off? (clearly all/any TRVs should be set to max for this test)
6. Feel the boiler primary pipework, is the RHS pipe hotter than the LHS, and is there between 10C and 20C temperature difference between them?
7. Is the boiler temperature knob set to 'e' or thereabouts?
Hello Meldrews
I note your in Bucks, where abouts as lots of people on this site make all sorts of accusations and talk nonsense. The persons used was Ideal, they were also the ones stumped, this resulted in them comming to the conclusion the Heat exchanger had gone and wrote the boiler off stating needs replacing. This was done by Ideal. I myself have one and mine is also now not functioning. Spoke to ideal again and they were going to call but have not. I suspect they are just going to tell me the same thing on my boiler. So where in Bucks are you ?

you do talk trash, if you have nothing sensible then do not bother being on site or making comments.
That poster hasn’t been seen since 2017, the age of this thread ;)

Im just looking back over threads to see if anyone making sensible comments was in Bucks area, Ideal have not come back on my own which they service. It has a fault and I suspect they will do exactly as before, change a few parts, then conclude heat exchanger (which it may or may not be) i have no idea. They have not come back to me confirm appointment as promised. Looking to see if anyone local that is more than just a part changer. If it is does need replacing, i may listen to recommendations but do not want rubbish.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back